You don’t have to save the world because the clock strikes 12. Don’t overwhelm yourself with a laundry list of behavior changes for 2018. If you take on too much, inevitably, you’ll end up with the same issues. Whatever you can break down in small, realistic, time based steps where someone can hold you accountable will work. Rome wasn’t built in a day & neither is your life.
I wrote this book for every lady who has been stuck wondering if she’ll ever be loved, ever be whole, ever have her past mistakes erased from her mind so she can move on. For every girl who is on Instagram ® too long looking at the chick with the perfect body and a million followers, wondering if she too is worthy of that type of attention.
I wrote this book for the future leader, the girl boss who can’t seem to keep a schedule and stay consistent to save her life, who fears that her short comings will continue to disappoint people and disqualify her to lead.
I wrote this book to give you the strength to silence shame.
You're going to lose yourself trying to make everyone happy all the time. You're going to disappoint someone, don't let it be you. #AMJSpeaks 💕
There are four initiatives for The Radiant Ones Ministry that you can partner in to help us further The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Alexis M. Jarrett is a full time minister.
1. Seminary Education $8,000- Alexis currently has a $8,000 tuition expense for her first year earning Masters Degree in Pastoral Counseling at The Pentecostal Theological Seminary. Please consider giving directly to the school, by clicking the link here. Please place "Alexis M. Jarrett," in the Comments.
2. Staff Budget $13,500 - Our current staff and marketing budget for the next 4 months. This will cover all expenses for the ministry and 2 staff persons. You can donate by purchasing a book, shirt, or hitting the donate button above.
3. RYDC Book Drive $300 - Alexis currently visits her local regional youth detention center ministering to teen girls. There is a need for 20 copies of her new book, Silencing Shame, to be purchased as a gift to the young women.
4. Alexis' Business, Grace Media- Alexis currently runs her own graphic design and website building company, Grace Media. You can share the portfolio of her work to help her earn more business. Please click her logo below to see her full website.
It's been one of those seasons for you, where you wish you could forget or do over. Being frustrated is a normal part of life, and it's how we manage our frustrations that determine the victims from the victors. -Alexis M. Jarrett
Frustration happen to all of us. Live long enough on earth and you're bound to be frustrated by one circumstance or another. Frustrations can happen on a minor level, like why can't I get this paper to print on the correct side, to major issues like how will I afford school this semester?
1. The first step of filtering frustrations is to silence the shame of being upset. It's okay to be upset, it's not okay to stay there. I think one of the hardest things about being a woman is the myth that we're supposed to be happy and have it together all the time. I've had my fair share of being frustrated over being frustrated. As I began my journey of healing, the first thing I realized is: It's okay to feel. It's okay to know that right now, I don't have it all together and I need a second to breathe.
So are you sad, tired, lonely, anxious, or confused? Is there a need you wish to be met like financial, physical, or spiritual? What emotion can you give to the source of your frustration that can help you come out of why you feel the way you do? Being able to correctly identify the source of your frustration makes for an awesome prayer life, as you are able to tell God exactly what you need. I would suggest journaling if you have a hard time putting words to emotions. Also, please don't neglect the spiritual discipline of fasting. Fasting will always be about food, so pick a time in your week to abstain from food or a certain food for a specific amount of time. The goal of fasting is to gain clarity in your thought life, which then energizes your prayer time.
2. The second step: Stop the pile up of toxic thoughts. The truth is, we all go through difficult seasons where we wish we could snap our fingers and get a second chance, or have a magical way out of our situation. The thing about being frustrated is that it's rarely one incident at a time that we're dealing with. The enemy of our souls, satan, loves to allow frustrations to pile on us. One unchecked area becomes five, so as one area unravels us emotionally, we begin to look at everything else that isn't perfect and we start to self-loathe. We have to stop this train-wreck of toxic thinking by being sober minded. Sobriety, comes from standing on God's word.
3. Find a verse of scripture & stand on it. When you are able to see what or who made you frustrated, find a scripture to stand on. The Word of God is a powerful weapon against these attacks, especially when our battle is with people. Search the word for a promise for your specific situation and commit to memory that scripture. I often face major battles in my finances and health, so right now my power scriptures are 2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT and Psalm 118:17
4. Realize this powerful truth: Frustrations give room for God to be God. When we've finally reached the point where no amount of human wisdom can solve a problem, we're in the perfect place for The Lord to move on our behalf. When you're #overit, God has been waiting on that moment to come. Stress and worry can literally kill us, and it reveals a lack of faith. Whatever you fear the most reveals where you trust God the least. So pray this powerful prayer with me, as we defeat frustration:
Father, I am completely frustrated over _______________. But I recognize that this provides an opportunity for you to be God. So before I vent on social media, tell the wrong person, act out of anger, or overthink this- I am asking your Holy Spirit to calm me because that is my right as your child. Wrap me in your arms and help me relax from this chaos, so that I may be able to discern your acceptable will for my life. I know my life is set up to influence others and because of that, God you can use this situation to work a miracle so that others may see your glory. So I'm asking you to stand on your Word that you promised me in (book, scripture, verse)- so that I can be healed and others can see your light. I trust you Lord, Amen.